About HNI Corporation:
At HNI Corporation, we're dedicated to revolutionizing workplace and home solutions, reshaping the environments where we live, work, and connect. Our unwavering commitment to integrity, inclusion, and fostering a sense of belonging sparks transformative change, nurturing a culture of unparalleled excellence.
What We Need:
We're seeking a dynamic Lean Development Manager to join our esteemed HNI Workplace Furnishings team! This role serves as a cornerstone in propelling our lean transformation efforts forward, nurturing talent, and deploying cutting-edge lean methodologies to achieve enduring business success.
Location: Remote with 50-70% travel, both domestic and international.
What You Will Do:
- Lead dynamic problem-solving events and workshops, igniting innovation and driving superior business outcomes.
- Provide invaluable support in the implementation of Hoshin Kanri training, empowering teams with strategic vision and clarity.
- Act as a guiding beacon, mentoring team members in the nuances of lean practices and tools.
- Craft and deliver engaging training materials rooted in BPI methodology, fostering an environment of continuous learning and growth.
- Collaborate closely with visionary business leaders to set and maintain high standards of excellence in BPI practices.
- Navigate HNI Operations System Assessments with finesse, ensuring alignment and efficiency in operational processes.
- Orchestrate the seamless coordination of external consultants and manage the dynamic schedule of kaizen events.
- Open doors to development opportunities through benchmarking visits, lean study tours, and immersive training sessions.
- Champion a culture of excellence by promoting and embedding best practices across various business realms, fostering robust cross-business collaboration.
What You Have:
What You're Good At:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or operations management.
- A rich tapestry of 5-7 years of experience in developing, coaching, training, and promoting Lean principles across diverse domestic and international manufacturing landscapes.
- Prior experience in championing the development and training of Hoshin Kanri practices, heralding a commitment to excellence.
- A deep-rooted understanding and unwavering application of lean principles, fueling transformative change.
- Change management skills coupled with a flair for lean leadership, guiding teams through evolution.
- A natural talent for building and leading cross-functional teams, cultivating synergy and driving collective success.
- A proven track record of delivering excellence in transformative roles, leaving an indelible mark on organizational evolution.
- Exceptional presentation and influencing skills, capable of inspiring change and rallying teams toward a common vision.
- A rich portfolio of lean training or coursework, with a preference for Silver or Gold BPI certification.
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020, 2021, and #6 in 2022 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!